Sunday, September 23, 2007

Finally making a living with Adsense; a bit earlier than expected.

The day before I was hoping to get to the immediate monetary goal in a couple of months. You know what? I'm there. Tonight. As I write this, my adsense counter for today is showing a number just a tad below $150. I did not make a typo. Not $50 (which was an uncharted territory for me just before yesterday), but $150. Now, let's do a little math: $150 x 365 days a year = $54,750 yearly. While one can't have caviar for breakfast with that kind of money, bread and a fair slice of butter are more than affordable.

How did I get there? This same keyword I was mentioning several times in this blog already. I'm now on the third position in Google for that keyword. When I turned on my computer in the morning and checked my adsense stats, I immediately knew something happened - it was showing $30 and change. During last week I saw such a number close to the end of the day, and before that I did not even know such numbers exist :). Traffic shoot through the roof - here is the chart:



All that means today is the day to remember and celebrate in the years to come as the day when I proved I can make a living working for myself, not for my boss. I'm sure I'll have enough difficulties ahead, but now I know this is doable. I don't have to second-guess myself anymore whether I'm doing the right thing. It is possible to make a living with Adsense, and I'm doing it!

No comments: