Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Redirect 301 status. Ads layout

No changes on BigG. All is exactly as it used to be before the redirect. Now I realize I was hoping changing the url will have enough power to move me up a position or two. Well, no luck, looks like it is not enough with such a fierce competition. Yet every small bit counts, so I don't think this was the wrong move. It definitely proved beneficial in just a bit less competitive area - like a page or two down for the same keywords.

Interesting and not yet confirmed observation on the ads layout. Initially when YB picked up the right config, I let it run for a day, and then added other ad zones. Overall CTR and eCPM fell, but I attributed this to normal fluctuations. Now, in an attempt to squeeze a bit more from the same page I added one more ad zone from another ad provider to this page.

To my disappointment, I saw further drop in CTR and eCPM, not compensated for with the added eCPM. So, I removed almost all ad zones from the page yesterday night. Today I see a serious increase in both metrics. I will give it a couple of days, and then try to switch other ad zones back on. If CTR and eCPM follow, I will take it as a proven fact.

No comments: