Saturday, February 28, 2009

Redirect 301 and hub layout change status update

So far so good, on both accounts!

My main page stays at the upper boundary of its range for the main keywords, and even shortly went to position #3 today for one of them. Funny, it was listed with the old address at that time :) I figured where extra traffic is coming from - I got a rise on Yahoo for a secondary keyword, and now hold position #3 for it. Good result! Main keywords came back to the listing, but slightly lower - at #89. No changes on Live/MSN.

Now, another test I started a couple of weeks ago with the hub layout brought spectacular results, too! Remember, for the first half of February CTR was in the area of 3.5%, and it pretty much was in line with historical average. Now, since I made the change, average CTR for the period shoot up to 7.5%! More than twice, with corresponding change in eCPM. I like it too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you've seen the heatmap:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/markn26/squidoo/website-heat-map.gif

Joshua Nestor said...

Yes, I definitely saw quite a few of them, and read quite a few pages on that too. :)
Well, it is not exactly about heatmaps in this case because ads position did not change. Yet re-arranging other elements of the page shifted more focus to the ad...