Thursday, August 23, 2007

Serious drop in traffic. Malware. Click price differs during the day.

I thought I finally made it to the club. Well, not yet. My amazing traffic of the last several days dried out more than in half. Reason - Yahoo moved me from the second place. Last night I watched my site dropped to the ninth position, in the morning it was seventh, then it became fourth, and now it dropped a bit again to fifth. No idea what prompted them, but it resulted in me doing less than $5 today after yesterday's record $18.

When I was exploring search results that came above mine, I got infected by WinAntiVirus. If you don't know (lucky you), it's a nasty malware. Neither McAfee, nor Spybot S&D, nor Adaware are able to remove that piece of sh*t. I spent half a day on searching for the solution, and I just gave up. This is not my computer that got infected, I have this notebook temporarily for consultant job, and it will get re-imaged when I return it in a week. Just isn't worth my time…

Interesting observation - my clicks are more expensive in the middle of the day, and cheaper in the morning or evening. I have no clue why, but that's a fact. Almost every day I watch the major gains in the afternoon, with night clicks being mostly a penny

No comments: