Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Setting another daily record. Adsense layout and different quality of traffic. Jetsubmitter.

Well, I suspected it is going to be a roller coaster. I saw it being a roller coaster recently. But what I see today does not really fit into most wild expectations. Yesterday was a really dull day, and I finally managed to close just a tad more than six bucks. I was pretty close to the bottom in terms of CPM.

Today I'm setting another record. As of this writing (about 9pm EST) I have more than $15 on the book. Isn't this amazing? Two and a half times difference (I really expect it to be close to three times by the end of the day) between today and yesterday! If I wasn't trained by stock market, I would probably go bonkers already - such jumps are a huge emotional drain.

The bad thing about comparing different adsense layouts is the difference in traffic. May be more established sites have more stable traffic, but mine keeps fluctuating in quantity and I suspect in quality. I mean that people that click on the second listing on the page are generally different from people clicking on the sixth listing. Who of them is more likely to click on ads and on what ads (more or less expensive) leaves me wondering. In other words, I'm not sure that fluctuations of adsense CPM are due to the layout and not due to the different people group. So far I have no idea how to deal with that issue. I guess I just have to watch and think, and at some point light will come.

Jetsubmitter "kind of " works. I still did not receive any response, and I just suspect Todd is out on vacation, but I figured the way to move the backlog. When I pause the submission and then restart it, it moves forward a few lines in the list. Yep, this is weird, but at least it works, and it is much easier job than submitting articles manually.

No comments: