Saturday, August 25, 2007

Yahoo traffic goes down, Google picks up. Difference between Google and Yahoo. Latest Adsense layout is the best for ddir so far.

Well, yahoo doesn't like me anymore. My position keeps fluctuating between 4th to 9th, and yahoo traffic dropped significantly. The good thing is that google finally picked on my link building efforts, and yesterday I finally got to the third place. I doubt I can get any higher, cause first two places are occupied by natural keyword holder, and the number of links they have are no match to my subtle effort. Traffic from google did increase, but it did not stabilize yet, so it's too early to post any numbers.

I did notice though, that quality of google and yahoo traffic is different. Quality in terms how many people click and how expensive they click. Google seems to be much better. However, the difference could be due to fact that keywords are different, and yahoo top one is slightly awkward. I personally cannot picture the person who might type those four words into the search engine. I rank first on google for that yahoo keyword, and it does not bring any traffic. When I was second for it on yahoo, it brought 600-700 daily…

Today is the last day for the last adsense layout test, and the latest configuration seems to be the best one. I don't know however if difference in traffic has anything to do with it. Anyway, CPM is 20-30% better than any other layout, so I stay with it for now. I think I will come back to revise this later, when traffic gets stabilized a bit.

No comments: