Sunday, August 19, 2007

Untargeted ads on forums. Ways to remedy this. First Adsense click on this blog.

Working on code updates, I just realized that all my forum topics often receive untargeted adsense. And this is there for more than half a year! What a shame. I'm just losing those visitors.

I'm setting aside everything else, and working on this issue. Forums have a lot of overhead text and code on the page, and my ad blocks are somewhat removed from the text itself. First, I'm going to give a try to Joel's suggestion of putting some specific HTML comments around the post text itself. I just turned that on, and will see how it goes for a week. Second, I'm going to revise the placement of adsense blocks on the page, getting rid of the top and bottom ones, and moving them inside the posts.

LOL, I got one click here, too! First 3 cents on that site. Good start! I did not really meant it to be a money maker, but if it does - why not. Wait, I think somewhere inside I still wanted it to become popular and make me some money - or I would found a private way to keep a diary. OK, the go-go-go ;-)

No comments: