Thursday, September 13, 2007

First comment. Yesterday's traffic. Back to the third place.

First comment on this blog. Of course from spammer. Sure enough I had to delete it. I wonder how people spam sometimes. What they hope for? This one had about dozen links to the same foreign site, and was written in the language I don't understand. Who in his right mind would keep such a comment on his blog?

Yesterday traffic burst was because Google in one of its re-shuffles put me on the first page for a very competitive keyword. Like 90,000,000 results. It was not long lived, and as I write this, I'm on the fourth page for that keyword. It did not make me awfully big increase in Adsense though - as appeared this keyword traffic tend to have high CTR with very cheap clicks. $12.28, while respectable on my scale, is nowhere close to the record $19.65.

Yet today I'm back to third place with my main keyword, and it feels sooo good! Well above average traffic and CTR, and record CPM as I write this. I'm close to getting the record Adsense number today. A couple of more hours to go, and only one dollar left to beat the record!

No comments: