Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nofollow links. Drop in traffic and other stats in the morning. Peel away ads - nice addition to Adsense.

Keep finding links to nofollow all over the place. I'm catching them one by one in the places I really never thought about. According to the tool my profile got improved dramatically. Don't see any result on SERPs and traffic though yet - and of course on adsense. But this is too early, I think at least a week is needed or may be even more

Today I see a serious drop in traffic with no changes in SERP results. On top of that, both CTR and CPM were extremely low the first half of the day. Somewhat improved by the night, but CPM is still lower than average. May be because of adsense layout changes.

Stumbled upon peel away ads - love them. Installed on the site right away, and eagerly waiting for some statistics to see. The package is very primitive though, and does not have any recording, let alone data processing, so I have to rely on advertisers' data. If the idea works, I can add some tracking code of my own to it. It could be really good addition to adsense.

No comments: