Monday, September 10, 2007

Fourth page of Google for "adsense blog". Dull day. 20,000 visitors monthly. Reverting on-page optimization. New Adsense layout.

This blog is on the fourth page of Google for adsense blog. Considering I did not make any SEO effort whatsoever on this one month old blog, it looks not bad at all. The secret weapon I used while being a marketing tool is not really a SEO practice. Actually, traffic on this blog improved overall. It is not that dramatic as it was the first couple of days after secret weapon launch, but it definitely differs from what was before.



Another dull day on the main site - Sundays seem to be extremely cheap for some reason. And this come on top of low traffic - for real reason people having life instead of starring at computer screen. Yesterday monthly traffic crossed 20,000 mark - another record on my book. Almost all traffic is organic.

Remember I was changing some on-page factors to try to rank better on ddir? I'm reverting most of it. Ranking have been sliding on many keywords ever since. Now I changed the title on ddir. And made some slight text changes on this page to reduce keyword density. I'm no longer targeting that weird long tail on Yahoo. I want to move to the third place on the main one on Google.

At 11:00pm changed adsense layout. Now I have separate blocks for upper left links and menu itself. This was one of configurations I have before, and I like it much better in terms of user experience. I'm giving it a second try to see if it is really worse than combined menu.

No comments: