Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Steady traffic and good Adsense on blog. Mediocre performance on the main site. Social bookmarking for Blogger

Traffic on this blog stays pretty decent, comparing to what was here just three days ago.



I have no means to know whether it will continue that way. All I can do now is to write at least one informative post per day and hope that people like them and will return to read new posts. Adsense on this blog set the new record today - $1.26 with mediocre click-through. Looks like Adwords is pretty expensive for that niche :)

Overall Adsense does not make me happy. Not only traffic stays twice below the recent level (still no changes in SERP), but people continue to click on cheap ads. Or Google serves me cheap ones. I have no way of knowing this. Overall I made today $8.89, which translates into $7.63 on my main site. With my daily plan of $15, I'm heavily lagging behind :(

I spend today mostly figuring out how to add social bookmarking icons. It appeared to be quite a task on Blogger. I now on WordPerss this is a piece of cake. Ummm, it just appeared to me that I'm talking about standalone version of wordpress. Like when you build you own site on your own domain - then you have all the control and can install any plugins you want. Pretty much sure you can't do this if you are hosted for free on WordPress main site. So, my rant was pointless - as all the rants are. I remember I decided to give blogger a try because there were no easy way to put Adsense on hosted Wordpress.

Well, I did figure out how to squeeze social bookmarks into Blogger template, and you can see the results. The only thing left is to upload icons somehow. I don't want to host the icons on the other site, so I need to upload them. It will just take some time I guess. I might add some more services, if I find links. And I don't like that bookmarks are too close to Adsense on the homepage, but have no idea how to fix it.

No comments: