Sunday, September 2, 2007

Secret weapon performed not that well... Bad Adsense day.

Well, here is the pic of the traffic including today.



While traffic definitely had a noticeable growth, it is nowhere close to what I thought it would be. By the order of ten probably, if not more. Other than blaming the tool itself, I can think of a couple of reasons for this spectacular failure. First, I wrote the wrong copy to use with the tool. It's possible, cause my experience in copywriting is still very limited, to say the least. Second, I chose the wrong day and time to run the tool. It's a long holiday weekend with nice weather, and a lot of people are out. Well, I had everything in place and was too impatient to wait...

Could be all three reasons, or even something else I did not think about. Whatever the reason is, I did not get a kind of burst I was hoping to get. It's yet to be seen if this can give me some steady growth of traffic. Adsense was also a joke - the whole day brought 7 cents on this blog.

On my main site both traffic and CTR took a nosedive today, too. I'm showing just a tad more than $6. I did not see such figures since early August. Holiday weekend is definitely to blame, as well as my stagnant SERP positions. I seem to be stuck on the fifth place in both google and yahoo, and whatever I did so far did not help a tiny bit.

No comments: