Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Internal links do wonders. Hold on Adsense tests.

Looks like my internal link reorganization really helped. I see a definite increase in rankings for most of the search terms related to the pages I aimed link love at. Google loves me, and I'm enjoying the fourth day of fifth place for the very active keyword. Traffic jumped about 50% and now hovers around 1500-1600. I like it!

Can't really tell if current adsense layout is better or worse than the previous one. Traffic nature did change significantly during the test. My usual problem. I can't figure out the solution so far, so I stop experimenting with Adsense layout until I reach my traffic goals I think. Or until I figure out the solution.

I wanted to find the post about forum topics not getting targeted Adsense, and just could not do this. Well, I decided it's time to go ahead and categorize this blog. It took me probably a half an hour, but now I can find needed posts much easier. Did slight re-arrangement of other blocks to accommodate the change.

Talking about forums Adsense, I went back and compared stats from before and after. Well, it definitely helped. I'm now receiving 40% better CTR, and 25% better CPM. Since traffic on my forums are extremely low, it does not translate into big figures yet. But it definitely shows there was a problem that is fixed now. When I get enough traffic to my forums, I enjoy the difference.

No comments: